After going through a microdermabrasion surgery, you would need to take good care of yourself. This article is going to show you some aftercare tips which would help your skin flow glow after the process.
What is Microdermabrasion?
The word microdermabrasion does sound like the process could be painful, it is one of the fastest, gentle, and non-invasive skin treatments available today. It works by getting rid of the dead skin cells. Making your skin feel younger, softer, and as vibrant as ever.
Why Do People through Microdermabrasion?
People go through this procedure because they want to get rid of unwanted wrinkles and lines, manage sun damage, even skin texture, and tone.
Your skin is very important. Make sure before and after this procedure, you talk to your medical health care professional and discuss their medical history, aesthetic goals, and all concerns. These would help you achieve safely a beautiful and healthy appearance.
How to Take Care of Your Skin After Microdermabrasion
After every treatment done to your body, you need to follow the skin care consultant’s post-procedure instructions. This would help maximize your microdermabrasion results. For you to do this, you need to understand what you should expect following this skin treatment that we all know of.
Though this process isn’t an invasive procedure, your skin would be sensitive after the treatment is done. For you to ensure satisfactory and safe results, you need to follow the following tricks and tips.
1. Using a wet cloth, clean glue face, and make use of a rehydrating toner which would help you get rid of all dead skin cells left from the procedure.
2. Make use of a rich moisturizer after you have dried the skin thoroughly. Keep using this for about a week after your treatment. This would help prevent peeling.
3. Make use of sunscreen every time you go out. Even if the day is an overcast. You need to know that microdermabrasion increases the rate at which your skin becomes photosensitive.
4. Don’t go into the sun for at least seven days after your microdermabrasion process. This would stop sunlight rays from damaging your skin or causing hyperpigmentation.
5. Make sure you consume lots of water and consume veggies and fruits that have plenty of water content.
6. Don’t pick or scratch the area that was treated.
7. Don’t use harsh chemicals. Don’t tan or rub your skin for at least seven days after the procedure.
8. Avoid depilatory creams, facial waxing, IPL, or any other laser procedure for at least two weeks from when you had microdermabrasion treatment.
What You Should Expect after a Microdermabrasion Treatment
Though this isn’t an invasive process, you could get some side effects like feeling your skin is burnt, red or pink complexion, your skin feeling right, sensitive, or bruised sensation. Also apply Vitamin E Skin Oil 14000 IU by Derma E to help skin heal.
Now you have all the information you need to take good care of your skin after a microdermabrasion treatment.