High heels are often seen as an attractive accessory for women, but they also have their own set of problems. With all that you need to think about when wearing them – from caring and cleaning up after walking through dirt or debris on pavements to delicate rubber soles which can break if stepped upon slowly enough – high heel users may sometimes feel like there’s no escape! But don’t worry: we’ve found some tips below will help make sure your high heels stay looking fresh (and feeling comfortable).
How to clean your high heels
Assuming you don’t want to just throw away your high heels after each wear, it’s important to know how to clean them properly. Here are some tips:
- Wipe down your shoes with a damp cloth after each wear. This will help remove any dirt or debris that may have been picked up during the day.
- If your shoes get wet, stuff them with newspaper and let them dry naturally. Do not put them in the sun or near any heat source, as this can damage the materials.
- Use a soft brush (or an old toothbrush) to scrub away any stubborn dirt on the surface of your shoes. Be careful not to scratch the material.
- Deep clean your shoes periodically by soaking them in a sink or basin filled with warm water and a mild detergent. Let them soak for about 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly and letting them air dry.
How to maintain your high heels
In addition to cleaning your high heels regularly, there are also some maintenance tips you can follow to extend their lifespan:
- Store your shoes in a cool, dry place when not in use. This will help prevent the material from drying out and cracking.
- Use heel protectors when walking on uneven surfaces. This will help reduce wear and tear on the soles of your shoes.
- If your shoes start to feel uncomfortable, try using pads or inserts to help improve the fit.
Following these tips, you can keep your high heels looking great and feeling comfortable, no matter how often you wear them.
Caring for your high heels when you’re wearing them
While you’re wearing your high heels, there are also some things you can do to keep them looking good:
- Avoid walking in dirt or debris whenever possible. If you must walk in these areas, try to stay on the grass or other softer surfaces.
- Be careful not to step on any rubbery surfaces, like sidewalks or tile floors. This can cause the soles of your shoes to break down prematurely.
- When sitting down, be careful not to scuff your shoes against the ground. This can dull the finish and make them more susceptible to dirt and stains.
By following these tips, you can keep your high heels looking great for longer.