Clogging of the skin with a specific type of oil known as sebum is what creates pimples. This typically lubricates the hair and the skin. Acne is common especially at the ages of puberty when your hormones go into overdrive.
This makes your skin produce sebum in high quantities. Most of our oil-producing glands are present on the nose, chin, forehead and these are body points where a person is highly prone to pimples.
Acne Self-Care Beauty Tips to Help Prevent Breakouts and Clear Them
1. Make sure you wash your face twice a day, but don’t do this more than twice. Use mild soap and warm water for people already having acne, or try Acne Deep Pore Cleansing Wash by Derma E. Gently massage your face using circular motions. Do not scrub. Scrubbing and over-washing can make your skin more irritated. After cleansing your face, it is recommended you apply a lotion that contains the ingredient benzoyl peroxide.
2. Make sure you don’t pop pimples. It can be extremely tempting. You shouldn’t pop pimples because you end up pushing the infected item further into the skin. This ends up making that part red and swollen, and it would lead to scars. If you notice a pimple coming up before a serious event, visit a dermatologist. They can help you get rid of it with haste without the risk of getting scars or infection.
3. Avoid touching your face using your fingers or putting your face on objects or knaves that have skin residue or sebum like your devices. Touching your face easily spreads the bacteria, which makes your pores to become irritated and inflamed. To keep the bacteria away, wash your hands properly before applying anything to your face like makeup or treatment creams.
4. If you normally wear sunglasses or glasses, make sure you have them cleaned properly to prevent oil from blocking the pores around your nose and eyes.
5. If you get acne on other parts of your body, do not wear tight clothes, as they prevent your skin from breathing properly and this could make them irritated. Headbands, scarves, and caps can easily collect oil and dirt too.
6. Before going to bed, make sure you remove all makeup. Also while shipping for makeup, make sure you select brands that say noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic. Get rid of makeup that looks or smells different from how it was when you first bought it.
7. Keep your hair clean and don’t let it disturb your face because this would add more dirt and oil, and this can easily clog your pores.
8. Your skin needs to be protected from the sun. You could get tan mask acne, but this goes away within a short period. A tan could make your acne worse. Tanning damages the skin, and you could get wrinkles faster and higher chances of skin cancer.
If acne bothers you, have a conversation with a dermatologist. They have a range of treatments which help in the prevention of scars gotten from acne. They can help you get a treatment method that would work wonders on your skin.