At the end of every year I go through and pick what has been my favorite reads of the last twelve months. Then I go back and think about what is going to be on my must-read, dying to get my hands on, counting down the days until, will exchange favors for an ARC list. Better known as my Most Anticipated Books for the next year. Don’t laugh, we all have them. Those books that we are dying for and are willing to wait up until midnight to start since that is when they will download to our Kindles and Nooks on release day. The ones we are willing to stay up until the wee hours of the morning reading when we finally get them because we’ve been waiting to see what happens next for so long. Yeah, those books.
Here is what I am longing for the most in 2014:
- Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha- This is Ace, Cruz and Rachel’s book. Stop and take that in for a moment people. Ace. Cruz. And Rachel. Together. In one bed. I am dying to get my hands on this erotic dystopian romance. The build up for this ménage in the previous three books has been just about perfect. Oddly enough the expected release date for this one says March 2014, which is my birthday month. So it’ll be like a little birthday present to myself when I shut out the rest of the world to read. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: MARCH 2014.
- Ball & Chain by Abigail Roux - (Oh look, another March release just in time for my birthday) Ty and Zane are my very favorite couple. They will always be on my favorites/most anticipated lists. Touch & Geaux was so angsty and emotional for my beloved boys. There were secrets revealed, painful issues to deal with and trust to be repaired. But the ending made me sigh and now I absolutely can not wait to see where Abigail Roux takes this couple next. I’m hoping with a name like Ball & Chain that marriage is in the cards for these guys. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: MARCH 15, 2014.
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning - Yes, this was on my most anticipated list last year. This is what I said…
KMM’s got me all confused again. This is exactly the way I felt when I was reading the Fever series. Who is Dani’s HEA? Why is Christian all crazy? Will he finally go bat shit or is he going to get better? When will KMM kill off Jo? Who is Kat going to find love with? Why is Ryodan being all cryptic with Dani and then taking up with Jo the Ho? Is he Dani’s HEA? How much more awesome can Lor get? Who is Dancer really? I NEED ANSWERS!
All of that is still true. If the release date for this gets pushed back again I think my head will explode. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: JULY 22, 2014.
- Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews - This is still my favorite UF series. Ilona Andrews makes me happy with every new release, I can’t get enough of Kate and Curran. They had a bit of a rocky time in this year’s release, Magic Rises, but I think they are stronger than ever and ready to take on Roland. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 5, 2014.
- Untitled Downside #6 by Stacia Kane - It seems like I’ve been waiting forever for the next in the Downside series. Book 5, Chasing Magic, released June of 2012. There was a novella told from Terrible’s POV released this year and I loved getting into his head. I love the way he loves his Chessiebomb. There isn’t a cover, blurb or even a title for this book yet and I’m still desperately awaiting my Downside fix. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE- JULY 3, 2014.
- Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh - Did everyone read this year’s release Heart of Obsidian? Can we all agree that it was one of the best reads of 2013? The suspense for it was off the charts, no one knew who the main characters would be, when the blurb would be revealed…. even the cover had a bit of a mystery to it. Not so with the 13th installment in this series. There is already a blurb and we all know that the hero of it will be Vasic and the heroine is Ivy. No cover yet, but the blurb has me all excited.
Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he’s done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch—if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life.
For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake…
Having rebuilt her life after medical “treatment” that violated her mind and sought to stifle her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she’ll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy’s fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness…
EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: JUNE 3, 2014.
- Untitled Guild Hunter # 7 by Nalini Singh - As you can see I have a bit of a crush on Nalini Singh. She blew me away with both of her 2013 releases. I have a lot of love for her Psy and Changelings, but I really think her Guild Hunter series has become my favorite. I love Elena and Raphael. After reading several books based on Raphael’s seven I was ridiculously excited to get back to this couple. No blurb or title yet, but I am anxiously awaiting to find out how the events in the last book will affect the overall story arc. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: SOMETIME IN 2014
- Night Broken by Patricia Briggs - Mercy and Adam. And Adam’s ex-wife. Seriously, I couldn’t be any more excited for this book. No one’s ever really seen Adam’s ex Christy, but now she’s coming on strong, asking Adam for help and as the blurb says, wants Adam back and is willing to do anything to accomplish it. OMG, I can’t wait to see Mercy beat this bitch down and show her why she is mate to the Alpha. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: MARCH 4, 2014.
- Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - This is the last book in this series. See Ms. Frost’s bog post where she announces it here. Cat and Bones have been one of my most beloved paranormal romance couples, I am going to miss them so badly. I know they will most likely show up in spin-off stories, and probably in the last book in Vlad’s series. but this will be the last book dedicated solely to them and it is going to be hard to say goodbye. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 28, 2014.
- The King by J.R. Ward- We’ve come full circle and are back to Wrath and Beth! YAY!!!!! This makes me so very happy. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Ms. Ward limits the plotlines this time around and we actually get a good amount of page time of Wrath and Beth. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: MARCH 25, 2014
- Take by Ella Frank - So I read this book recently that was recommended to me by FV Amy, Try by Ella Frank. A contemporary m/m romance between a bi-sexual manwhore and the straight bartender going through a nasty divorce that has caught his eye. That sounded good to me and I’m always on board for a sexy m/m, so I moved it up my TBR list and read on release day. I started it and soon realized I couldn’t put it down. It was dirty, and angsty, and the chemistry between these men was off the charts hot. I was engrossed in them. I read this book in one day and when I got to the end I literally cried a little bit when I saw that book two Take had an expected release date for summer of 2014. That’s just mean Ms. Frank. Mean. EXPECTED RELEASE DATE- SUMMER OF 2014.
So these are my most anticipated books for 2014. What do you think? Anything I missed? What does your must read list look like for 2014? You tell me.