New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery invites you to taste the local cuisine of her beloved fictional town and share in a year’s worth of deliciously seasonal recipes.
Fool’s Gold is known as the Land of Happy Endings, but it’s also the land of hearty appetites. Throughout the series, the residents of Fool’s Gold have found joy, comfort and good times through food. Now two local Fool’s Gold chefs will also find love through food! Join them as they flirt, fight and fall in love, one season at a time.
You’ll also find favorite recipes from popular characters in the series, such as:
- Heidi’s Arugula, Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese.
- Liz’s Spaghetti for the Girls.
- Denise’s Summer Berry Pie.
With chapters for summer, spring, fall and winter, you can find the perfect recipe for everything from holiday get-togethers to cozy date nights, always using the freshest ingredients. And the heartwarming love story that is woven throughout is Susan Mallery at her finest.
The more than 150 recipes and dozens of gorgeous photographs in this book will inspire you to find perfection in the simple and the seasonal. And with all of Fool’s Gold with you in the kitchen, your every celebration will have a happy ending!
Check out this awesome cupcake recipe from the cookbook:
Coconut Vanilla Snowball Cupcakes
This big-batch cupcake recipe makes enough for a winter party.
The cupcakes look especially pretty on a tiered cake stand.
2½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon pure coconut extract
¾ cup sour cream
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,
at room temperature
2–2½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons sour cream
Sweetened flaked coconut, for garnish
TIP: Eggs blend into cake batter best if they’re at room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and coconut extracts; beat until blended. Reduce mixer speed to low, and alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Remove from mixer; fold in coconut.
4. Drop batter into cupcake liners, filling each just over halfway full. Bake 18–20 minutes, until golden and set. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For frosting: In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt; beat until blended and fluffy. Add sour cream; beat just until blended. Fold in additional powdered sugar, if needed.
6. Spread the frosting on cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle a generous amount of coconut over cupcakes.
Use the Rafflecopter to enter to win one of two copies of the Fool’s Gold Cookbook by Susan Mallery.
Open to: US and Canada. You have until end of day Sept. 20 to enter, winner will be announced soon after. US and Canada only please.
Giveaway sponsor: Harlequin
No purchase necessary to win, void where prohibited. The number of eligible entries determines the odds of winning. FVBR is not being compensated for this giveaway. If the winner declines to accept or fails to claim their prize within 72 hours of the announcement, they forfeit their prize(s). Prize distribution is the sole responsibility of the giveaway sponsor. Fiction Vixen Book Reviews will not be held responsible for lost or misdirected prizes or for circumstances beyond our control. More information here.