Forever is counting down the 12 days leading up to the release of the anthology A Christmas to Remember featuring stories from: Hope Ramsay, Jill Shalvis, Kristen Ashley, Molly Cannon, and Marilyn Pappano. Each contribution celebrates true love at Christmastime.
They are celebrating with the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Tour. Each day you’ll find out some fun holiday facts about the authors.
Fiction Vixen is kicking off the tour with 12 best gifts.
12 best gifts
( On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me!)
1) When our son was in Afghanistan, we were just hoping for a call if he could get to a phone, so we were totally surprised when he sent us airline and concert tickets to see TransSiberian Orchestra–our favorite group–in Austin. (Marilyn)
2) Just before Christmas 2009, my mom passed away. Christmas was always her favorite holiday, and that first one without her was tough. But we all got to spend a lot of time with her before she died, and we all grew closer as a result. She was the best mother, the best gift, a child could have. (Marilyn)
3) I remember when I was around 6 years old and I, along with my sisters, peeked out of our bedroom door on early Christmas morning and saw the most beautiful blue bicycle under the tree. We had to share it, but that didn’t matter. We lived in the country and could ride up and down our long dirt driveway to our hearts content. But then I made the mistake of riding it over the cattle guard and it threw me into a barbed wire fence. Still, that was a great present. (Molly)
4)When I was in junior high my mother gave us gold compacts and matching long slim line lipsticks. I felt so sophisticated. It was a passage from childhood to the teen years with my mom’s blessing. (Molly)
5)But the best present ever was getting my engagement ring on Christmas Eve from my future hubby. This year will be 44 years since we got engaged. Best present ever! (Molly)
6) A Panasonic “solid-state” stereo system my freshman year in college (Hope)
7) A ruby ring that I found in the toe of my stocking the first Christmas after my wedding day. (Hope)
8) Sometime well earlier in the year, I got contacts and my brother asked me why. I said, “So I could wear cool sunglasses.” And on Christmas, he bought me a pair of the COOLEST shades. Now, what man remembers for months what to get for the perfect gift? My brother! (Kristen)
9) The year I started to write my first book (ages ago), my Auntie Bec and her husband Will bought me a laptop so I could follow my dream. It took a while, but I did. (Kristen)
10) The tiny sickly 10 pound puppy who three years later is an 85 pound black lab sitting on my feet right this very minute. Frat Boy (so named because he’s always just looking for a good time) is the love of my life. (Jill)
11. The coupons the girls give me every year in my stocking. At least one always says One Hour Of Unconditional Non-Sarcastic Love. My favorite … (I have all teenage girls, so hey, I need that hour!) (Jill)
12) Last year we didn’t think Oldest was going to get to come home. Unbeknownst to me, she flew in on Christmas Eve and the next morning really early her sisters wrapped her up in a big box for me. I thought I was getting another puppy and was Not Pleased. Until Oldest popped out! Then I was very pleased indeed… (Jill)
Forever is giving away a print copy of the A Christmas To Remember anthology. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter below. Open to: US residents. Giveaway sponsor: Forever
No purchase necessary to win, void where prohibited. The number of eligible entries determines the odds of winning. FVBR is not being compensated for this giveaway. If the winner declines to accept or fails to claim their prize within 72 hours of the announcement, they forfeit their prize(s). Prize distribution is the sole responsibility of the giveaway sponsor. Fiction Vixen Book Reviews will not be held responsible for lost or misdirected prizes or for circumstances beyond our control. More information here.
Follow the tour:
12 best gifts (11/22): Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
11 worst/funniest gifts (11/23): Smexy Books-
10 quotes from your novellas (11/24): http://www.abookishescape.com
9 Items on your Holiday List (11/25): www.hesperialovesbooks.com
8 Favorite holiday movies (11/26): http://lbookbliss.com/
7 Things on your holiday wish list (11/27):http://tiffanytalksbooks.com/
6 New year’s resolution (11/28): http://www.cocktailsandbooks.com/
5 Best Holiday Stories (11/29): www.sosaloha.blogspot.com
4 holiday favorite foods (11/30):www.stitchreadcook.com-
3 books you plan to read during the holiday season (12/1): : http://www.thewindowseat13.com/
2 holiday songs (12/2: http://kindlesandwine.com
1 holiday recipe (12/3):http://takingtimeformommy.com