Finally we get Ace, Cruz and Rachel’s story. Not going to lie, I was pumped for this ménage, ready to be blown away with woman on man, man on woman on man, man on man, woman on man on man hotness. And I totally was. I mean this IS Kit Rocha and the lovely ladies who make up this writing duo know how to create a seriously smoking hot sex scene. But even for all the crazy erotic scenes, I was even more thrilled with how emotional that this triad turned out to be. I had so many feelings while reading about this angsty, jealous, “I’m not good enough”, “I want you to want me too” threesome. So many feelings.
Here are my top ten reasons why YOU should read Beyond Jealousy as soon as you can get it in your hot little hands:
10. Do you guys remember that last scene from Beyond Pain? The one where Cruz and Ace finally give in, just a little bit, to their desire for each other with the help of another woman? Well, apparently Rachel has heard about it too. And she is feeling a little left out, so she asks Ace about it. This is what he says:
The arms on either side of her tensed, muscles flexing under ink. “We fuck them at the same time, because that’s what they want. What he wants. Is that what you really need to know? What your city boy’s doing now? How filthy he’s gotten? Because you sure as fuck don’t seem to give a shit about me.”
9. Ace wants Rachel, always has, but now he wants Cruz too. He wants them both so badly. He hurt her before, and he will never compare to the good boy, hero Cruz, but he doesn’t care anymore. There is this desperation about the three of them wanting each other that I didn’t expect. There is intense desire, but very little emotional understanding between them. Mainly about how MUCH they all crave each other.
She shuddered and choked out a laugh. “It’s a fucked-up little triangle, isn’t it?”
“No, it’s an actual triangle.” He traced the shape on her arm, his finger burning into her skin. “Three lines. No one in the middle.”
8. Cruz is going to do something about it though. He’s not about to get left behind. He sees the spark between the two people he wants more than anything in the world and he’s willing to go against everything he was taught in Eden, every single thing he’s ever been told to finally reach out for what he wants. I was a little surprised while reading that it was Cruz who finally takes control of the situation and brings everyone together. Cruz is one sexy, controlling alpha man.
Rachel’s moans grew louder, more intense, and Ace looked back to find her watching them with helpless longing. She gave everyone everything, and now she was giving him this, the unvarnished, messy truth of her deepest desires.
It wouldn’t be a fucked-up triangle if they met in the middle.
It would be straight up fucking.
Ace shifted his hand, found Cruz’s belt. “How far will you go for her?”
Cruz hissed a breath. “Find out.” His teeth scraped Ace’s ear, then dropped to his neck and closed on a hard bite.
7. Ace is such a dirty talker. A dirty talker with no sexual boundaries. I love Ace.
“You’re not a good girl at all. You’re a delicious, filthy girl who wants to lick my tongue while it’s all over Cruz’s cock. Does that make you wet and achy, angel?”
6. These three burn up the pages together. When I say Cruz takes control of the situation to bring them all together, I mean he takes control in all the situations, especially in the bedroom. Or in the case of the following scene, out in the open where everyone in Sector Four can finally see that Rachel and Ace belong to him.
“Watch me while he fucks your pussy. I’m giving him to you, and I’m giving you to him. I decide how fast, how deep, how hard. I decide all of it, don’t I?”
5. Sexiest tattoo scene EVER. Rachel is one lucky girl.
“Cruz.” Ace’s voice held a warning, and the buzzing stopped. “I don’t do wobbly lines, so if you can’t keep your fingers out of her pussy–”
“She can do it.” Cruz slid his free hand beneath her head, pressing his forehead to hers. His finger pushed deeper, broad and stretching all on its own, and even more overwhelming when he eased back and worked a second in alongside it. “Just this, he whispered against her lips. “You’ll do it for me, won’t you? Stay so very still, so I can feel how your pussy clenches when he hurts you?”
4. Did I mention how completely sexy and protective Cruz is?
“Rachel and Ace were his. If that meant razing everything in his path, it would be worth it. As long as they were alive. As long as they were safe.”
3. But of course with three people involved there is three times the drama, three times the fear and misunderstandings. Cruz started out afraid of going against everything he learned in Eden and giving into his desires for both Ace and Rachel. Rachel is scared to let go and give her emotional and sexual well-being to the two men who mean so much to her, one of which has already hurt her once. Ace doesn’t think he can ever compare to the golden boy Cruz, and neither man has any idea how deep their feelings are engaged. So much angst! It takes good friends to finally make them see the light.
“What if he only loves her?”
Lex rose and shoved her hands in her back pockets before turning around and fixing Cruz with a thoughtful look. “What if he doesn’t?”
2. When they work out all the drama and finally give up the jealousy it is such a beautiful thing.
Ace groaned, flexing his leg, rubbing up against her as much as much as he could. “Fuck Rae. You’re so wet.”
“Make me wetter.” She rocked, grinding harder. “Tell me what you see.”
Ace shuddered. “My lovers.”
1. I’ll just leave one last image of these lovers in your heads.
His hands dropped from the headboard to the mattress, his trembling arms barely holding the bulk of his weight off their bodies as he shuddered. And he stayed like that, above them, around them, a solid wall of muscle and strength who’d tear apart the world to keep them safe, or maybe even to make them happy.
All in all I was incredibly pleased by my return visit to Sector Four and this threesome’s journey to giving up their insecurities and jealousies and finding their happily ever after. My only issue, and it would be a teeny tiny one, would be with Rachel and how easily she fell between her men and never came up for air, but then if I was sandwiched between these two I probably wouldn’t come up for air either. I was very happy with this ménage and felt it was believable, I just wanted a little more conflict with Rachel finding her place between her lovers. There was so much drama between Ace and Cruz that Rachel kind of got lost for a bit. But seriously, I am in love with this series and with each new release I fall just a little more. The overall story arc was advanced quite a bit and there are hints and glimpses about who the next several books will be about. I am so excited for Trix’s upcoming book. Beyond Addiction has a tentative release date of Fall of 2014. I’ll be counting down the days until then. Final Grade- A
Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha
March 17th 2014 – Self Published
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Sony || Kobo