I’ve decided that we are going to have to move this Mayan calendar nonsense to next year. How does 12/21/13 sound? There are just too many things to look forward to in the new year for it all to end in a few short weeks. There are books I’ve been looking forward to for years. I need a Qhuay HEA. Kristen Ashley has like a gazillion new releases coming up in 2013. There is going to be another Elena and Raphael story. We might get to finally find out who the Ghost is in the Psy/Changling series. How many new twilight fanfic/50 Shades look-alike releases can be fit into 2013? Will the last Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse book suck as bad as the previous one? These are all things I must know and experience.
These are just a few of my most longed for, eagerly anticipated books in 2013:
- Lover At Last by J R Ward – AT LAST! YES! FINALLY! I think we can all agree that it’s about time that Blay and Qhuinn finally got their story. Hell, they’ve had enough angst, emotional trauma and misunderstandings between them to fill at least a hundred romances. I’m just glad that they are getting a full length book instead of a novella. I’m hoping for smoking hot, smut filled, filthy sex scenes and lots of ahhhhh moments. I plan on taking the day off and staying at home to read on release day. Expected release date: March 26, 2013.
- Rock Chick # 8 (Untitled) by Kristen Ashley- It’s almost over! This makes me sad. No more hot bunch, no more rock chicks, no more stun gun brawls and taste bud orgasms over perfectly made coffee. I almost can’t take it. The good news is that we still have Ally’s story to look forward to. Expected release date: January 2013.
- Beyond Control by Kit Rocha - The first book in this series, Beyond Shame, was the dirtiest, smuttiest dystopian I’ve ever read. As much as I love dystopian romances, I’m pretty sure I love them better now that I’ve found a delicious adult version to enjoy. Beyond Control is book two and it’s Dallas and Lex’s story. Thank you Kit Rocha for giving me Dallas now and not making me wait. Expected release date: Early 2013
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning - KMM’s got me all confused again. This is exactly the way I felt when I was reading the Fever series. Who is Dani’s HEA? Why is Christian all crazy? Will he finally go bat shit or is he going to get better? When will KMM kill off Jo? Who is Kat going to find love with? Why is Ryodan being all cryptic with Dani and then taking up with Jo the Ho? Is he Dani’s HEA? How much more awesome can Lor get? Who is Dancer really? I NEED ANSWERS! Expected release date: Fall 2013
- Touch and Geaux by Abigail Roux - This was a series I found in 2012 and quickly became one of my absolute favorites. I adore Ty and Zane. I want them to get together, stay together and get it on regularly while fighting the bad guys. But, I’ve heard that this book might be the start of a bit of a rocky road for my favorite couple. Expected release date: April 8, 2013
- Psy- Changeling # 12 (Untitled) by Nalini Singh - This is what’s posted on Goodreads about this book:
From publisher site Get ready for a major event in the smash-hit New York Times bestselling series—a secret finally revealed, and fans are guaranteed an epic surprise. In 2006, Nalini Singh introduced the beguiling and sensual Psy/Changeling world in Slave to Sensation, which spawned a series that has had readers and critics cheering. Throughout the incredible 11-book run there has been one question that has tantalized Nalini’s legion of fans. Now, in the eagerly awaited twelfth book in the series, Nalini Singh finally reveals the answer to the biggest Psy/Changeling mystery—an answer so surprising we wouldn’t dare spoil it. Even if we knew. Features a secret so shocking, the title can’t be revealed until publication.
If we aren’t getting the title until pub date.. when do you think we’re going to get the cover? Expected release date: June 4, 2013
- Winterblaze by Kristen Callihan- I can’t get enough of this series. It’s a beautiful mix of paranormal, historical and gothic romance. Wonderful heroes, awesome heroines, sensual love scenes… I would recommend this series to anyone. Expected release date: February 26, 2013
- Magic Rises – Ilona Andrews - As much as I enjoyed Andrea’s story in Gunmetal Magic I can’t wait to get back to my favorite UF couple. Ilona Andrews writes the best dialogue in Urban Fantasy. This is literally, hands down my all time favorite UF series. I need more Kate. I need more Curran. I really hope they don’t push the release date back again… Expected release date: July 30,2013
- Divergent #3 (Untitled) by Veronica Roth- After finishing The Hunger Games trilogy I went on a bit of a dystopian kick. I might have gone overboard. Maybe. I did find this series which is just as addictive, just as well written and gives me that same feeling I felt when I finished my first YA dystopian. I also get a kick out of people trying to figure out that the next title will be. Expected release date: September 26, 2013.
- Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep - I was worried that my interest might wane at the end of the original story arc, but no, Gin and Owen and Finn (especially Finn) and the whole cast that make up this series keep me coming back over and over. Gin and Owen are on a break right now and I need for Owen to wake the hell up and get his shit together. Someone needs to smack that boy over the head. We get two releases in this series this year! YEAH! Expected release date: March 26, 2013
So these are my most anticipated books for the new year… Am I missing something? What are you looking forward to in 2013? You tell me.
Everyone who comments and uses the Promo Simple widget below between Dec. 17 – Jan. 1 on blogcation posts will be entered to win a $50 gift card to the online book retailer of their choice. Come back every day! Open to all.